Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vacation with a Baby - Is that possible?

So lately at work people have been talking about their Spring Break plans and that has got me thinking about a vacation. The only problem is - a vacation doesn't seem like a vacation anymore, but more work. I love spending time with Claire and that is not the problem at all - but the idea of packing up all of her stuff, getting her to sleep in a pack and play in a hotel room somewhere, etc. does not sound like vacation to me. Am I the only new mom to feel this way?



I'd love to think about a family vacation - but I think she's just too young or maybe I'm too lazy to want to disrupt the routine we have going that seems to be working so well. I will have to use some vacation days before the year is over due to my company's rollover policy, but I have a feeling they will be staycation days centered around holidays.



My brother mentioned doing a camping trip this spring sometime, but given the fact that Claire can't walk, I don't really want to have to worry about her crawling around in dirt (as well as eating dirt). I also don't know how well Claire will sleep in a pack and play in a tent since she'll be able to hear everything going on around her. While Claire is a great sleeper, she is also a light sleeper used to white noise. We have a fan going in her room all the time to help block out noise from the street so I'm a little afraid she wouldn't sleep well.



For you moms out there that have successfuly vacationed with a baby - tell me how you do it - because right now it just seems overwhelming. For someone who used to love to vacation and travel, this is a new reality, but for some reason it doesn't seem to bother me too much. I guess priorities change when a little one comes into your world.

By the way - HAPPY 7 MONTHS TO MY BABY GIRL!!

No comments: